Rükl Zone 19 - BRAYLEY
Neighboring maps on the Rükl Nearside Map:
(This map is based on an Earth-based photograph that has been computer-corrected to zero libration. The vertical white lines indicate the left and right boundaries of the Rükl rectangle)
Background image source
- Artsimovich's arrowhead (a nickname from D.Caes for the curiuous arrowhead-shaped hillock east-northeast of Artsimovich).
- Aytona (Van Langren's disallowed name for Montes Harbinger Beta) (seems to have been called Nachara too).
- Bessarion (Van Langren's Bettinii).
- Bessarion D hillock (a nickname from D.Caes for the officially unnamed hillock east of Bessarion D), see: http://bit.ly/2uLU44U
- Bottle / Guitar (two nicknames from D.Caes for the odd depression between Fedorov and Mons Delisle).
- Brayley (Van Langren's Ciermanni).
- Catena Pierre
- Catena Yuri
- Cheerio crater (C.A.Wood's nickname for the curious "ghost" crater nearby Angstrom, see LPOD Volcanic Hinterland).
- Conti (Van Langren's disallowed name for Tobias Mayer Alpha).
- Cuevio (Van Langren's disallowed name for Montes Harbinger Alpha).
- Delisle (Van Langren's Baieri).
- Diophantus (Van Langren's Tirelli).
- Dorsa Argand
- Dorsa Ramsay (between Brayley G and Prinz) (Dorsa Ramsay is a disallowed name, see Lunar Topographic Orthophotomap 39-B4 Artsimovich).
- Dorsum Arduino
- Dorsum Thera
- Firdausi (a disallowed name for Euler E, see Lunar Topographic Orthophotomap 39-B3).
- Ginnari (Van Langren's disallowed name for the bowl shaped crater Brayley B, east of Brayley itself).
- Insula Calathe (J.Hewelcke's disallowed name for Tobias Mayer Beta, Rho, etc...) (where the hell are T.Mayer Beta and T.Mayer Rho ???).
- Insula Cosyra (J.Hewelcke's disallowed name for the bright nimbus of Tobias Mayer A).
- Krieger (Van Langren's Cerda).
- Lothrop hills (the cluster of hills and hillocks southwest of Euler, of which Mons Vinogradov is a possible member) (called Lothrop Hills on the Rand McNally moonmap) (also called The Euler group by H.Hill).
- Louise (see at Samir for comment).
- Marci (Van Langren's disallowed name for Tobias Mayer A).
- Mare Imbrium (J.Hewelcke's Mare Mediterraneum) (the most western part of it, occupying the upper right section of Chart 19).
- Mons Bucher (an unofficial name from D.Caes for the rectilinear-looking oblong hill at the south-southeastern end of Dorsum Bucher, see also Chart 9).
- Mons Delisle (and the curious mermaid's tail at its southern part).
- Mons Vinogradov (Van Langren's Ricci, J.Hewelcke's Insula St.Petro) (it was also called Euler Beta).
- Montes Aerii (J.Hewelcke's disallowed name for the western end of Montes Carpatus).
- Montes Carpatus (the western end of it, near the lower right corner of Chart 19).
- Montes Harbinger
- Natasha (aka Euler P, once nicknamed The Tennis Racquet by L.S.Copeland, see Sky & Telescope - january 1953; Queen of the Untraveled Seas).
- Natasha hills (an unofficial name from C.A.Wood for the part of the Lothrop hills near Natasha).
- Rima Artsimovich
- Rima Beethoven (a disallowed name for Rima Prinz II north of Prinz, see Lunar Topographic Orthophotomap 39-A3).
- Rima Brahms (a disallowed name for a rille between Mons Delisle and Diophantus, see Lunar Topographic Orthophotomap 39-B2).
- Rima Brayley
- Rima Diophantus
- Rima Euler
- Rima Gluck (between Artsimovich and Prinz) (Rima Gluck is a disallowed name, see Lunar Topographic Orthophotomap 39-B4 Artsimovich).
- Rima Handel (a disallowed name for one of the rilles northeast of Prinz, see Lunar Topographic Orthophotomap 39-A3).
- Rima Krieger
- Rima Rimsky-Korsakov (a disallowed name for a rille east of Euler E, aka Firdausi) (see Lunar Topographic Orthophotomap 39-B3).
- Rima Telemann (a disallowed name for one of the rilles northeast of Prinz, see Lunar Topographic Orthophotomap 39-A3).
- Rima Wan-Yu
- Rimae Prinz
- Samir (not mentioned on Rukl's original printed atlas, only the name Louise was printed) (Louise is the tiny craterlet very near the much larger Samir).
- Silgero (Van Langren's disallowed name for Montes Harbinger Delta and Eta) (seems to have been called Piperii too).
- Swimming pool (a nickname from D.Caes for Brayley G, north of Brayley itself).
- T. Mayer (Tobias Mayer).
- Van Biesbroeck
- Virgil (a disallowed name from H.P.Wilkins for the bowl shaped crater Bessarion E, just north of Bessarion itself) (both craters show up as a nice couple!).
- Wollaston Alpha (the pronounced hill between Krieger and Wollaston, see the upper left corner of Chart 19).
Lettered Crater Locations
(click on the thumbnails to display full-sized images; use browser BACK button to return - the dashed white lines are the midpoints of the Rükl zones)
Full zone with lettered craters:
Lettered craters by quadrants: