Rükl Zone 72 - CLAVIUS
Neighboring maps on the Rükl Nearside Map:
(This map is based on an Earth-based photograph that has been computer-corrected to zero libration. The vertical white lines indicate the left and right boundaries of the Rükl rectangle)
Background image source
Nearside Named Features
- Arabia (regio) (J.Hewelcke's disallowed name for the south-southwestern limb area).
- Bailly-Newton Basin (an unofficial name).
- Blancanus (Van Langren's Ferdinandi Elect. Col., J.Hewelcke's Vallis Hajalon).
- Bonestell (J.Westfall's unofficial name for Cabeus B, see also the section Additional Information at the lower part of Rukl's 73).
- Casatus (Van Langren's Anselmi Elect. Mogunt.).
- Chandrayaan-2's possible landingsite, east of Klaproth A, see: http://bit.ly/2FIm6jZ
- Clavius (Van Langren's Maximiliani Duc. Bava., J.Hewelcke's Desertum Hevila).
- According to Chart 107 in the Times Atlas of the Moon, a tiny hill on the floor of Clavius (west of Clavius D) seems to have been called Clavius Theta.
- Desertum Raphidim (J.Hewelcke's disallowed name for the western part of Clavius).
- Luna Incognita (an unofficial name, see also Chart 73).
- Le Gentil
- Longomontanus (Van Langren's Ioanni D. Sax., J.Hewelcke's Mons Annae).
- Porter (C.Gaudibert's Draper).
- Scheiner (J.Hewelcke's Vallis Hajalon).
- Terra Fertilitatis (Riccioli's discontinued name for the whole of Chart 72).
Farside Named Features
(The following features are not formally included in the present Rükl rectangle, but they are adjacent to it and their centers are less than 10° beyond the mean limb -- so they may be seen here in whole or in part with a favorable libration)
Lettered Crater Locations
(click on the thumbnails to view full-sized images; use browser BACK button to return to this page)
Full zone with lettered craters
Lettered craters by quadrants
(the dashed white lines are the centerlines of the Rükl zones)