Rükl Zone 71 - SCHILLER
Neighboring maps on the Rükl Nearside Map:
(This map is based on an Earth-based photograph that has been computer-corrected to zero libration. The vertical white lines indicate the left and right boundaries of the Rükl rectangle)
Background image source
Nearside Named Features
- Arabia (regio) (J.Hewelcke's disallowed name for the south-southwestern limb region).
- Bettinus (Van Langren's Martinitzi, J.Hewelcke's Mons Meridionalis).
- Doerfel Mountains/ Montes Doerfel (discontinued IAU names).
- Hare (a disallowed name from H.P.Wilkins for Bailly B, on the floor of Bailly itself) (Riccioli's Bartolus).
- Kircher (Van Langren's Francisci D. Loth., J.Hewelcke's Mons Meridionalis).
- Lacus Meridionalis (J.Hewelcke's disallowed name for the dark area southwest of Schiller).
- Pingré-Hausen Basin (an unofficial name) (see also Rukl Zone 70).
- Schiller (Van Langren's Fred. Wilhelmi M. Brand.).
- Schiller-Zucchius Basin/ Schiller Annular Plain (unofficial names) (called Rosse by W.R.Birt and J.Lee).
- Terra Caloris (Riccioli's discontinued name for the region northwest of the trio Zucchius, Bettinus, Kircher).
- Terra Fertilitatis (Riciolli's discontinued name for the region east of Schiller).
- Terra Sterilitatis (Riccioli's discontinued name for the limb region southwest of the trio Zucchius, Bettinus, Kircher).
Farside Named Features
(The following features are not formally included in the present Rükl rectangle, but they are adjacent to it and their centers are less than 10° beyond the mean limb -- so they may be seen here in whole or in part with a favorable libration)
Lettered Crater Locations
(click on the thumbnails to view full-sized images; use browser BACK button to return to this page)
Full zone with lettered craters
Lettered craters by quadrants
(the dashed white lines are the centerlines of the Rükl zones)