Lat: 4.4°N, Long: 47.6°W, Diam: 8 km, Depth: 1.92 km, Rükl: 29
Depth data from Kurt Fisher database
- Westfall, 2000: 1.92 km
- From the shadows in LO-IV-150H, Suess is about 1740 m deep. - Jim Mosher
- Included in ALPO list of bright ray craters
- Suess and Suess F are thermal anomaly craters, implying youthful ages - Moore et al, 1980
Eduard; Austrian geologist (1831-1914).
- According to Whitaker (p. 226), this name was introduced by Krieger and König.
- Some lunar maps and atlases show the name Suess printed as "Seuss", as in Dr.Seuss. LAC-map 57 (page 115) in the Clementine Atlas of the Moon also shows "Seuss".- DannyCaes Mar 6, 2010
Zebra Stripes (south of Suess G, east-northeast of Reiner E).
Perhaps interesting to know :
There's a certain H. E. Suess mentioned in the 16th reference of the article Meteorites and Planetary Organic Matter (Michael H. Briggs, Observatory, 1962), on page 332 in Mysterious Universe, a handbook of astronomical anomalies (William R. Corliss, The Sourcebook Project, 1979).