Rükl Zone 67 - RABBI LEVI
Neighboring maps on the Rükl Nearside Map:
(This map is based on an Earth-based photograph that has been computer-corrected to zero libration. The vertical white lines indicate the left and right boundaries of the Rükl rectangle)
Background image source
- Hill (a disallowed name from H.P.Wilkins for Lockyer H).
- Lindenau (Van Langren's Wolfii, J.Hewelcke's Montes Uxii).
- Lockyer G (the crater west-northwest of Lockyer itself, a special one because of its pronounced central peak).
- Nicolai (Van Langren's Auberi).
- Nicolai A (immediately west of Nicolai itself) (Nicolai A is one of the most distinct bowl shaped high-albedo craters on the moon's near side and a landmark during telescopic observations of lunar eclipses).
- Piccolomini (the large crater at the upper right corner of Chart 67).
- Rabbi Levi (Van Langren's Gevartii, J.Hewelcke's Montes Uxii).
- Riccius (Van Langren's Bichi).
- Rimae Janssen
- Stiborius (Van Langren's Emanuelis D. Sab.).
- Terra Fertilitatis (Riccioli's discontinued name for the whole of Chart 67).
- The Link (a nickname for the chain of craters from Gemma Frisius (Chart 66) to Rabbi Levi).
- Zagut (Van Langren's Longevalli) (note: Vendelinus on Chart 60 was Van Langren's Longevilli) (J.Hewelcke's Montes Uxii).
Lettered Crater Locations
(click on the thumbnails to view full-sized images; use browser BACK button to return to this page)
Full zone with lettered craters
Lettered craters by quadrants
(the dashed white lines are the centerlines of the Rükl zones)