Depth data from Kurt Fisher database
- Pike, 1976: 0.57 km
- Westfall, 2000: 0.57 km
- Cherrington, 1969: 1.31 km
- Satellite crater Kane F is on the ALPO list of bright ray craters.
- Elisha Kent; American explorer (1820-1857).
- According to Whitaker (p. 224), this name was originally proposed by Schmidt.
- The incomplete formation southeast of Kane (between Kane and Gartner) was called Danjon by Felix Chemla Lamech. The official name Danjon went to a crater on the moon's farside (I.A.U.).
- Lamech's "Danjon" between Kane and Gartner: NAMED LUNAR FORMATIONS, by Mary Blagg.