Lat: 42.1°S, Long: 95.9°E, Diam: 71 km, Depth: km, Rükl: (farside), Upper Imbrian
left: Lunar Orbiter IV . right: LROC
LPOD Photo Gallery Lunar Orbiter Images Apollo Images
- Although Jenner is not mentioned in the LPI's search-list of orbital Apollo photographs, it (crater Jenner) WAS photographed by the south-looking Fairchild mapping/metric camera of Apollo 15.
- One of the Fairchild camera's oblique frames on which Jenner is visible is AS15-M-2499. Jenner's location is at the curved horizon (at the central part of it).
- Wonderful color-Hasselblad photographs of the Mare Australe region (with Jenner) were also made during the mission of Apollo 15.
- Apollo 15's Hasselblads on which Jenner and its central peak are visible: AS15-88-12007, 12008, 12009, 12010, 12011, 12012, AS15-96-13093.
- The HI-RES scans of the above mentioned six Hasselblad photographs: AS15-88-12007 HR, 12008 HR, 12009 HR, 12010 HR, 12011 HR, 12012 HR, AS15-96-13093 HR
(source: Kipp Teague's Project Apollo Archive)
- Additional research orbital Apollo 15 photography: Danny Caes.
- IAU page: Jenner
- Edward Jenner, FRS, (May 17, 1749 – January 26 , 1823) was an English country doctor. He is famous as the first doctor to introduce and study the smallpox vaccine.
- Rimae Jenner (an unofficial name from D.Caes for the very narrow rilles on the southern part of Jenner's floor). http://bit.ly/2F05uDZ
Way Beyond the Limb ( Jenner visible at the limb, on a very favourable libration)