Volcanoes and impact craters on the Moon and Mars
Leonardi: Volcanoes and impact craters on the Moon and Mars (1971, 1976)(glossary entry)
- Contains lots of orbital lunar photographs, made by the Lunar Orbiters, and during the first Apollo missions (1970).
- Contains a theory by volcanologist Haroun Tazieff (on possible hexagonal shapes of the moon's impact basins and mare regions).
- Perhaps (?) this is the only moonbook which has a description of the arcuate fractures south of crater Arago in Mare Tranquillitatis.- DannyCaes Apr 6, 2014
- Leonardi, Piero. 1971. Vulcani e bolidi sulla luna e su marte ... Pubblicato con il contributo del Consiglio nazional delle ricerche. Calliano: Vallagarina.
- Leonardi, Piero, Alfred Rittmann, and Elio Sommavilla. 1976. Volcanoes and impact craters on the Moon and Mars. Amsterdam: Elsevier Scientific Pub. Co. English translation of Italian text