|Lat: 26.2°S, Long: 117.2°E, Diam: 62 km, Depth: km, Rükl: (farside)|
left: Clementine . right: LROC . Schaeberle dark floor crater at left center, Izsak upper center Zhiritskiy at right center; chains of Tsiolkovskiy secondaries at right.
LPOD Photo Gallery Lunar Orbiter Images Apollo Images
Schaeberle (and the elongated depression at the northeastern part of its rim) are also recognizable in Apollo 17's Fairchild-camera photograph AS17-M-3183, which was made during Trans Earth Coast (TEC).
Research: Danny Caes
John Martin; American astronomer (1853-1924).
J. M. Schaeberle in the Sourcebook Project (William R. Corliss)
- In Mysterious Universe, a handbook of astronomical anomalies (1979) :
- Page 7: A Cometary Structure in the Corona of April 16, 1893 (Astronomy and Astrophysics, 1894)
- Page 378: The Lines on Mars (William J. Hussey, Science, 1892)
- Page 379: The Canals of Mars (Walter E. Maunder, Knowledge, 1894)
- Page 475: The White Spot on Saturn's Rings (Hugh M. Johnson, Journal of the British Astronomical Association, 1941)