|Lat: 33.4°S, Long: 103.6°E, Diam: 96 km, Depth: km, Rükl: (farside)|
left: Clementine . right: LROC
LPOD Photo Gallery Lunar Orbiter Images Apollo Images
- Although nothing about Parkhurst is mentioned in the LPI's search-list of orbital Apollo photographs, this crater WAS photographed by the south-looking Fairchild mapping/metric camera of Apollo 15.
- Oblique Fairchild photograph AS15-M-2497 shows Parkhurst near the central part of the curved horizon. The dark region in the foreground is Lacus Solitudinis.
- Sunset at Parkhurst, captured on Apollo 15's color-Hasselblad AS15-88-12010. In this frame, Parkhurst is the crater below the cluster of bluish "U"-reflections. South is at top. See also the Hi-Res scan: AS15-88-12010 HR.
- Parkhurst was also captured near the right margin of Apollo 17's Fairchild-camera photograph AS17-M-3183, which was made during Trans Earth Coast (TEC).
- Research Apollo 15 and Apollo 17 photography: Danny Caes
John A.; American astronomer (1861-1925).
J. A. Parkhurst in the Sourcebook Project:
- Peculiar Star Occultation (Sidereal Messenger, 1891), see: Mysterious Universe, a handbook of astronomical anomalies (William R. Corliss, The Sourcebook Project, 1979).