Lat: 7.49°N, Long: 68.66°E, Diam: 244.84 km, Depth: km, Rükl: 38
LPOD Photo Gallery Lunar Orbiter Images Apollo Images
Only 7 orbital Apollo photographs of Mare Undarum? (see LPI's list). There must be many more! - DannyCaes Aug 27, 2013
Almost the whole of Mare Undarum was captured in Apollo 11's Hasselblad camera frame AS11-42-6206.
- Apollo 15's orbital Fairchild camera frames which show Mare Undarum:
AS15-M-0806 (oblique westward looking view).
AS15-M-0940 (vertical view toward the moon's nadir).
AS15-M-1490 (oblique northward looking view, Mare Undarum in the foreground).
- Apollo 16's orbital Fairchild camera frames which show Mare Undarum:
AS16-M-0791 (oblique northward looking view, Mare Undarum near the central part of the curved horizon).
AS16-M-1355 (oblique northward looking view, Mare Undarum near the central part of the curved horizon).
- Apollo 17's orbital Fairchild camera frame which shows Mare Undarum:
AS17-M-1626 (oblique southward looking view).
Research orbital Apollo 11, 15, 16, and 17 photography: Danny Caes
- IAU page: Mare Undarum
- Combined Undarum-Spumans mare area of 55,000 km^2 according to measurements by Jim Whitford-Stark.
- "Sea of Waves".
- Named by Franz [Whitaker: Mapping and Naming the Moon, p 225].