Lat: 17.39°S, Long: 89.68°W, Diam: 40.49 km, Depth: 2 km, Rükl: 50
- IAU page: Kopff
- Depth data from Kurt Fisher database
- Pike, 1976: 2 km
- Westfall, 2000: 2 km
- TSI = 15, CPI = 5, FI = 25; MI =50 Smith and Sanchez, 1973
- Named for August Kopff (February 5, 1882 – April 25, 1960), a German astronomer who discovered several comets and asteroids.
- This name was not part of the original IAU nomenclature. Kopff appears in the cumulative list of approved changes published in IAU Transactions XVB, but exactly when and under what circumstances it was approved does not seem to have been recorded. - Jim Mosher
- Whitten, J. L. et al (2011). Maunder and Kopff Craters: Windows into the Upper Lunar Crust – 42nd LPSC Conference (Mar), 2011.