International Planetary Cartography Database
International Planetary Cartography Database(glossary entry)
An on-line collection of planetary maps "maintained by the International Cartographic Association Commission on Planetary Cartography and the Eötvös Loránd University Cosmic Materials Space Research Group, Budapest."
- The database is maintained by Henrik Hargitai.
- Bibliographic information is provided for each entry in the database, and most are illustrated with sample pages or images.
- The database includes a collection of lunar maps, many from Russia and Eastern Europe.
- Lunar-related materials can also be found on the Globes and Atlases pages.
- Many other maps, not yet included in the International Planetary Cartography Database can be found in the-Moon Wiki's list of Lunar Maps.
- Shingareva, Kira B., Jim Zimbelman, Manfred F. Buchroithner and Henrik I. Hargitai. 2005. The Realization of ICA Commission Projects on Planetary Cartography (PDF). Cartographica, Winter 2005, Vol. 40 Issue 4, pp. 105-114.
- Hargitai, Henrik I. 2006. Planetary Maps: Visualization and Nomenclature (PDF). Cartographica. Summer2006, Vol. 41 Issue 2, pp. 149-164.