|Lat: 9.7°S, Long: 97.0°E, Diam: 43 km, Depth: km, Rükl: (farside)|
left: Clementine . right: LROC
LPOD Photo Gallery Lunar Orbiter Images Apollo Images
(LAC zone 82D2) LAC nomenclature map LTO map
- Named for Aleksey Pavlovich Ganskiy (1870-1908), a Russian astronomer. Ganskiy (usually written Hansky during his lifetime) was noted for his telescopic observations of the Sun (including eclipses). He became an Assistant Astronomer of the Pulkovo Observatory, dying (by drowning) while developing an affiliate station he had acquired for it at Simeiz in Crimea.
- Not to be confused with Jansky.
- Anon. Sept. 10, 1908. Notes. Nature Vol. 78, No. 2028, p. 466.
- Backlund, O. 1908. Anzeige des Todes von Alexis Hansky. Astronomische Nachrichten, volume 178, p. 399.
- Tikhow, G. 1908. Bulletin de la Societe Astronomique de France Vol. 22, pp. 421, 461.