Fischer - on the floor of Mendeleev
|Lat: 8.0°N, Long: 142.4°E, Diam: 30 km, Depth: 3.1 km, Rükl: (farside)|
LPOD Photo Gallery Lunar Orbiter Images Apollo Images
- Although the name Fischer is not included in the LPI's search-list of orbital Apollo photographs, it was photographed during several of the Apollo-project's missions!- DannyCaes Jan 10, 2010
- The stereoscopic pair of Apollo 16's orbital ITEK-panoramic frames AS16-P-4761 and 4766 show the shadowed western part of Fischer's interior and inner slopes (about halfway in both frames).
- The stereoscopic pair of frames AS16-P-4759 and 4764 show the sunlit eastern part of Fischer's interior and inner slopes (about halfway in both frames).
- Fischer is also seen near the left margin of Apollo 16's orbital Fairchild mapping/metric frame AS16-M-0738.
Research orbital Apollo 16 photography: Danny Caes
Depth data from Kurt Fisher database
- Pike, 1976: 3.1 km
- Emil Hermann; German chemist (1852-1919)
- Hans; German organic chemist (1881-1945)