|Lat: 31.4°S, Long: 98.0°E, Diam: 58 km, Depth: km, Rükl: (farside)|
LO-IV-009M Donner is the largest crater in the center . right: LROC
LPOD Photo Gallery Lunar Orbiter Images Apollo Images
- Although nothing is mentioned about Donner in the LPI's searchlist of orbital Apollo photographs, this crater WAS photographed by the south-looking Fairchild mapping/metric camera of Apollo 15.
- Oblique photograph AS15-M-2501 shows Donner near the central part of the curved horizon.
- Research orbital Apollo 15 photography: Danny Caes.
Anders Severin; Finnish astronomer (1854-1938).
- Although it appears in the cumulative list of approved names in IAU Transactions XVB (1973), it is not clear precisely when and where the name Donner was approved. It does not appear to replace any previous IAU-approved designation for this feature. - Jim Mosher
- Rimae Donner R (an unofficial name from D.Caes for the system of sinuous rilles south of Donner R). http://bit.ly/2EY9dSf (this system is not mentioned in the catalog of sinuous rilles composed by Debra Hurwitz).