Bench (Apollo 12 site craterlet name)
Lat: 3.01959°S, Long: 23.42904°W, Diam: 0.046 km, Depth: km, Rükl: 42
- IAU page: Bench
- The position and diameter in the title line are from Davies and Colvin, who determined the position by scaling from a known point in the Site Traverses Chart which is probably based on Lunar Orbiter III photos.
- The much less precise official data from the IAU Planetary Gazetteer are: Lat: 3.2°S, Long: 23.4°W, Diam: 0.1 km.
- Samples were taken from the periphery of Bench crater during the second Apollo 12 EVA.
- Astronaut-named feature, Apollo 12 site.
- According to the explanation of the name in IAU Transactions XVIB, this crater "displays a prominent bench which is indicative of excavation of bedrock beneath the regolith."