Alder - southeast of Von Karman
|Lat: 48.62°S, Long: 177.86°W, Diam: 82 km, Depth: km, Rükl: (farside)|
- Within SPA basin, 90-98% anorthosite in central peak, and 0.1 to 0.4 Maturity Index (not mature) Ohtake and others, 2009
- Ohtake and others, 2009 give a diameter of 60 km; the IAU value of 82 km seems more correct.
- Named for Kurt Alder (1902-1958), a German organic chemist and Nobel laureate.
- Name approved during the IAU's 17th general assembly, XVIIB, in 1979.
- Not to be confused with Alter.
- Don't know if it's really a name, the Bose-Alder Plains, but... they are frequently mentioned in the LROC RDR Products pages.