Lat: 46.1°N, Long: 68.2°W, Diam: 12 km, Depth: 2.29 km, Rükl: 8
- Depth data from Kurt Fisher database
- Westfall, 2000: 2.29 km
- From the shadows in LO-IV-183H, Dechen is 2300-2500 m deep. - Jim Mosher
- Dechen's peculiar appearance when the morning terminator runs over it (looking like some sort of "flat dish"), was photographed by the dedicated lunar observer Stefan Lammel. - DannyCaes Dec 8, 2007
- TSI = 5, CPI = 5, FI = 5; MI =15 Smith and Sanchez, 1973
- Ernst Heinrich Karl von; German geologist, mineralogist (1800-1889).
- According to Whitaker (p. 224), this name was introduced by Schmidt.
Small crater in Oceanus Procellarum (northeast of Dechen D).