Kozyrev(formerly Carver K)
|Lat: 47.28°S, Long: 129.55°E, Diam: 59.35 km, Depth: km, Rükl: (farside)|
- IAU page: Kozyrev
- Named for Nikolai Alexandrovich Kozyrev (1908-1983), a Soviet astronomer best remembered for his 1958 claim of having detected volcanic vapors emitted from the central peak in Alphonsus. Extended biograpy.
- This name was added to the IAU nomenclature in 1997 (IAU Transactions XXIIIB).
Nikolai Kozyrev in the Sourcebook Project (William R. Corliss)
- In Mysterious Universe, a handbook of astronomical anomalies (1979) :
- Page 101: A Review of some ALPO Venus Studies (Dale P. Cruikshank, Strolling Astronomer, 1963).
- Page 227: Observation of a Volcanic Process on the Moon (Nikolai Kozyrev, Sky and Telescope, 1959).
- Page 238: Lunar Luminescence (E.J.Flamm, Nature, 1965).