Lat: 45.8°N, Long: 89.2°E, Diam: 47 km, Depth: 3.66 km, Rükl: 16
left: LOIV-165-h2 . right: LROC
LPOD Photo Gallery Lunar Orbiter Images Apollo Images
- Apollo 16's color-Hasselblad AS16-121-19445 shows Boss' a bit below the central part of the frame's upper margin. The Clementine Atlass LAC 29 is very useful to recognize the depicted region which is visible in Apollo 16's Hasselblad frame.
- Research: Danny Caes.
Depth data from Kurt Fisher database
- Westfall, 2000: 3.66 km
- Lewis Boss(1846 – 1912) was an American astronomer. He became editor of the Astronomical Journal in 1909. Lewis Boss is noted for his work in cataloguing the locations and proper motions of stars.
- Name given by Arthur and Whitaker in Rectified Lunar Atlas (1963) and approved by IAU in 1964 (Whitaker, 1999, p234).
- At (or near) Boss was Wilkins's and Paluzie-Borrell's Polit ("Hallowes H"), but the I.A.U. did not accept that name.
- Polit (Isidre Polit i Boixareu) was a Spanish physicist (1880-1958).
"Polit" ("Hallowes H"): THE MOON by H.P.Wilkins and P.Moore.