Lat: 12.85°S, Long: 72.84°W, Diam: 84.06 km, Depth: 3.52 km, Rükl: 39, Nectarian
LPOD Photo Gallery Lunar Orbiter Images Apollo Images
There should be a Concentric Crater somewhere southwest of Rocca F (according to C.A.Wood's list of Concentric Craters, 1978). Perhaps it is captured on Lunar Orbiter 4's photograph LOIV-168-h2?
(LAC zone 73C3) USGS Digital Atlas PDF
(IAU Directions) ROCCA.--An irregular formation, 60 miles in length, near the limb S.W. of Grimaldi, consisting of a depression partially enclosed by mountain arms.
- IAU page: Rocca
- Depth data from Kurt Fisher database
- Westfall, 2000: 3.52 km
- Cherrington, 1969: 2.19 km
- Concentric Crater southwest of Rocca F? (mentioned as number 43 in C.A.Wood's list of Concentric Craters, 1978).
- Dark lacus-like region on the floor of Rocca A; east of Rocca itself, and northwest of Lacus Aestatis.
- Giovanni Antonio Rocca (1607-1656) was an Italian mathematician.
Graphic LAC No’s. No. 73, No. 74 and No. 91. Excerpt from the USGS Digital Atlas of the Moon.
Named Features -- Prev: Robinson -- Next: Rocco