(formerly Apollonius T)
Lat: 5.3°N, Long: 56.2°E, Diam: 10 km, Depth: 1.8 km, Rükl: 38
LO-IV-184H This small field straddling the northeast edge of Mare Fecunditatis includes the four IAU-approved crater names Abbot, Ameghino, Bombelli and Smithson. The relatively large, complex crater to the southeast of Bombelli is Apollonius A.
- Depth data from Kurt Fisher database
- Westfall, 2000: 1.8 km
- Included on the ALPO list of banded craters
- Named for Rafael Bombelli (1526-1572), an Italian mathematician.
- This replacement name for a formerly lettered crater was provisionally introduced on LTO-62D2 (May 1974).
- The replacement was approved in IAU Transactions XVIB (1976).