|Lat: 37.25°N, Long: 177.57°W, Diam: 52.66 km, Depth: km, Rükl: (farside)|
LPOD Photo Gallery Lunar Orbiter Images Apollo Images
(LAC zone 33D1) USGS Digital Atlas PDF
Moore is another tired farside crater with little of apparent interest. But just east of it is one of the bright young ray craters, Moore F (diameter 24 km), that needs a name because it will be refered to often. The floor of F appears to be coated with impact melt.
- IAU page: Moore
- Named for Joseph Haines Moore (1878-1949), an American astronomer.
- It might be interesting to include Patrick Moore (1923-2012); English amateur astronomer and popularizer of astronomy (television, books, etc...). - DannyCaes Mar 19, 2015
- Erosional Trough on Crater Wall (Moore F).
- Breaking Down Walls (Moore F).
- Bright Boulder Trail (at Moore F).
- More Impact Melt! (Moore F).
- Angular Ejecta Edge (ejecta from Moore F on an unnamed bowl-shaped crater located at the northeastern part of Parsons N's rim).
Named Features -- Prev: Montgolfier -- Next: Moretus