|Lat: 6.74°N, Long: 139.5°E, Length: 132.32 km, Depth: km, Rükl: (farside)|
Left: LROC image WAC No. M118939946ME. Calibrated by LROC_WAC_Previewer. Middle: LO-I-116 M
Right: AS11-43-6438 heavily processed image to stand out parallel bright rays radial and pointing to 1.300 km-distant Giordano Bruno- Nunki Jun 12, 2011
LPOD Photo Gallery Lunar Orbiter Images Apollo Images ASU Apollo Image Archive
- Apollo 11's orbital Hasselblad photograph AS11-36-5430 shows a shadowless look at Catena Mendeleev', the diagonal cratered "streak" which is visible slightly left of centre. The curious "cubic" contraption near and at the right margin of this image is part of LM Eagles Ascent Stage. Research: Danny Caes
- Orbital Hasselblad AS11-36-5430 was also reproduced on page 199 of Norman Mailer's splendid book MOONFIRE, THE EPIC JOURNEY OF APOLLO 11 (Taschen, 2009). In this reproduction, the chain is very well visible thanks to enhanced contrast.
- Kaguya HDTV image of Mendeleev and Catena Mendeleev.
- IAU page: Catena Mendeleev
- List of Lunar Catenae.
- Crater Chain in Mendeleev (Apollo Image Archive - Image of the Week)
Named from nearby crater. (Mendeleev)
Apollo Over the Moon, Chapter 3: Terrae (Part 2), Figure 56.
Named Features -- Prev: Mendeleev -- Next: Menelaus