|Lat: 43.7°S, Long: 35.3°W, Diam: 126 km, Depth: 2.68 km, Rükl: 63|
Table of Contents
[#Mee-Description: Wikipedia Description: Wikipedia]
[#Mee-Additional Information Additional Information]
[#Mee-The short list of three... (Mee, Lee, and See) The short list of three... (Mee, Lee, and See)]
[#Mee-LPOD Articles LPOD Articles]
[#Mee-Arthur Mee in the Sourcebook Project (William R. Corliss) Arthur Mee in the Sourcebook Project (William R. Corliss)]
George Tarsoudis, Hainzel (top), Mee (center), and Schiller (bottom right).
Depth data from Kurt Fisher database
- Westfall, 2000: 2.68 km
- Cherrington, 1969: 2.28 km
- Satellite craters Mee C and P are on the ALPO list of banded craters
- Arthur Butler Phillips Mee (October 21, 1860 - January 15, 1926) was a Scottish-born newspaper journalist, editor and notable amateur astronomer. He was most noted for his efforts in support of amateur astronomy. In 1890 he was a founding member of the British Astronomical Association, and for a period of time was a Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society. His observations focused on the Moon and Mars, including making detailed charts and drawings of the features.
- Named by Percy Wilkins in Named Lunar Formations in 1935 (Whitaker, p 229).
- This crater seems to have been known as Wilhelmi Lantgravii on the moonmap made by Michel Florent Van Langren (Langrenus), see page 200 in Ewen A. Whitaker's Mapping and Naming the Moon.
The short list of three... (Mee, Lee, and See)
If a certain crater on the moon would be known as See (Thomas Jefferson Jackson See), it could join Mee and Lee. - DannyCaes DannyCaes May 14, 2015
Arthur Mee in the Sourcebook Project (William R. Corliss)
- In Lightning, Auroras, Nocturnal Lights, and related luminous phenomena (1982) :
- GLA1-R21: Strange Light in the Sky (Arthur Mee, English Mechanic, 1905).
- GLA3-R24: Curious Phenomenon in Glamorgan (Arthur Mee, English Mechanic, 1916).
This page has been edited 1 times. The last modification was made by - tychocrater tychocrater on Jun 13, 2009 3:24 pm - afx3u2