Enrique Luque Cervigón A labeled view the nearside lacus
- One of 18 different categories of lunar features recognized in the current system of IAU nomenclature. The IAU defines a lacus as a "'lake' or small plain". The term is used as prefix to the feature name. There no plural form.
- Small patch of mare is a better definition for the Moon than what the IAU uses. - tychocrater Sep 2, 2007
- Small low-albedo region. - DannyCaes Feb 26, 2017 (where's the darkest one of these low-albedo regions?).
Lists of Lunar Lakes
- Click here for a list of lacus pages in the-Moon Wiki
- See also the official IAU list for this category
The best printed source to get a splendid overview of small low-albedo regions is the CLEMENTINE ATLAS OF THE MOON (Ben Bussey/ Paul Spudis).
The best online source is the LROC ACT-REACT QUICK MAP (the Equidistant Cylindrical map of the entire moon, ALBEDO formations).